Wednesday, February 17, 2010

[us] MY SISTER'S HOUSE

On Monday, we visited the grand opening of My Sister's House, the final project for the Urban Studio class. I was most excited about the trip because I would finally get to see what Interior Architects actually DO in real-live space!
The structure is a large contemporary home with six bedrooms and a large kitchen for housing teen mothers and their babies. I thought that this was a great project for Urban Studio, considering that it helped the community and also practiced sustainable design.Each apartment had plenty of space for the residents and was formatted in a way that would bring them together as a community.
My favorite features of the house included sleek contemporary fans and student-poured concrete counter tops in a deep chocolate brown.

No comments: